Thursday, November 19, 2009

The "lesser evil" cupcake...

Photobucket

Photobucket

I was at High Street last Monday. Kaladkarin person that I am (let's give the word "drag" one more meaning, huh. Hehe!), I agreed to accompany my colleague Reena and her friend Carla.

We had a good and sinful dinner at Hap Chang. It felt like we were on a double date because Carla's boyfriend Joseph joined us, while Reena and I, uhm, well, we did some roleplaying to tease the couple we were with. Haha!

Walking back to High Street, we passed by Sonja's Cupcakes and I pulled Reena to go in. I was having second, third thoughts about whether I should give in. I managed to lessen the carb intake at Hap Chang, but that seemed to be useless since we found ourselves at a store that was sure to send us into sugar overload and coma. Hehehe!

So what I did to lessen the guilt was to get Reena to agree that we just share one cupcake. And then we also chose a "lesser evil" cupcake known as the Velvet Red Vixen. I say "lesser evil" because for every purchase of that flavor, P5 goes to Red Cross. Seriously. I kept that in mind to justify the indulgence. Hehe! And besides, I hardly go to BHS so I rarely, rarely get to treat myself to Sonja's sinful creations. Hehe!

Anyway, the cupcake was good. I particularly liked the cream cheese topping. The bottom part of the cupcake was slightly bitter though. I'm not sure if it's meant to taste that way, or if the baker forgot to turn off the oven on time. Hehe!

Still, it was a good treat and a nice "closure" to the wonderful dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment