Thursday, July 29, 2010

Mindanao trip = Food trip...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

One of the good (and equally bad) things about traveling is getting to try the local food.

Even if the same dish is available in Manila, it still is not the same when you get it locally. The biggest sin against native dishes is being cooked Manila style. Hehehe!

Anyway, the last CDO-Misamis Oriental-Davao work trip was full of good food, even if the trip itself was tiring. The seafood, though bad for my joints, was just yum! I had a little of everything. And even if I wanted to have second helpings, and yeah for certain dishes a third one, I had to restrain myself due to health and waistline reasons. Hehehe!

My favorite was the "Taktaken (?)" in MisOr. It was cooked as adobo. To eat its meat, you had to bang the shell on the table (hence, the name) until the silver thing falls off. Then you get the meat inside the shell. It tastes like squid, and I loved it! Haha!

I wasn't able to try Durian coffee though. My friend Maver says it's really good. Oh, well. There's always a next time.

Above are some of the dishes that made my trip to Mindanao a gastronomic feast! :) I wasn't able to take a photo of the other dishes anymore. Hehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment