Monday, January 10, 2011

Get-together with the -exes...





Saturday afternoon was spent with some of my -exes. Yeah, three pretty and smart girls. Could I get any luckier?! Haha!

Carol, Noreen and Bernice - my ex-work colleagues from Magsaysay.

During Bernice's last trip to Pinas, we planned to meet up with Carol and Noreen but that didn't push through. Carol had another engagement, while Noreen was busy finishing her script for one of the many shows she was doing last year.

The last time I saw Carol was back in 2006, when she resigned from Magsaysay. (Or was it during her super wedding?) Noreen, on the other hand, I used to see more often. We would go to Sunday Mass at the Greenbelt chapel. But then she got busy with work, I got busy with work and we spent less and less time together. But thanks to Twitter and Facebook, I'm somewhat updated with how the girls are doing.

While having lunch with Bernice last week, I tweeted about our get-together. Noreen saw the tweet and she "reminded" me that we should have our get-together.

We all agreed to meet up yesterday at Trinoma. But since Carol had another commitment (again) and Noreen had to finish writing a script (again) (haha!), Bernice and I decided to just meet Carol for late merienda and Noreen for dinner.

Our group date began and ended at Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, the only area in Trinoma that I like. No offense to Trinoma fans. Hehehe! Bernice and I were already enjoying our usual drinks while waiting for Carol to arrive. When she came, the next few hours were spent catching up.

Carol had to leave around 7. Bernice and I left CBTL and went to Oki Oki, a Japanese restaurant where we were welcomed by a very tired food server. Hehe! She must have been standing the entire day. We got a table and waited for Noreen to arrive. We had almost decided on what to order when Noreen arrived. The next few hours were spent catching up.

After dindin, the three of us headed back to CBTL to do more catching up. Thanks for the free Wifi and thanks to Stefan, we were able to check out some Facebook photos, which added more color to the get-together. *wink wink* Haha!

It was an extra nice get-together, I have to say. I've missed them a lot. Although I have to say hindi pa complete ang group na iyan ng -exes. Wala pa the other Magsaysay girls I love. Hehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment