Monday, July 7, 2014

Sunday was just as busy...



Sunday was no different from Saturday. Haha! It was just as long and as tiring but also fun!

I woke up at 7 so I can meet Mr. Lim at 830PM at our usual breakkie place for our nature walks.

By 9, we headed to our destination for the day - the old Bukit Brown Cemetery. Though I've been to Bukit Brown a few times, I was too unsure about our plan as it was just me and Mr. Lim. In our previous walks, we have always been part of a huge group. That was less scary since I would be running away with a big group in case zombies started to rise from the graves. I've been watching too much of The Walking Dead. Haha!

The theme of our walk for the morning was "Let's get lost." That's exactly what happened. At some points, we had to turn back because we reached a dead end. But for the most part, it was enjoyable because we've reached areas that we've never been to before. We also took a rugged path that led us out of the Bukit Brown grounds to the area where the National Equestrian Center and Mediacorp were. That was interesting.

We finished our walk by 1130. Thankfully, it wasn't a very hot day. From Bukit Brown, Mr. Lim drove all the way to the northeast part of the island for lunch at a biryani place we've been to a few times.

Afterwards, he dropped me off at Ang Mo Kio because I wanted to go to the gym to shower and feel human again. Haha!

In the afternoon, I was initially planning to check an education fair at Suntec. Instead, I ended up at my favourite level at the National Library. While waiting for Mass, I just spent a few hours relaxing at the library going through some of the books I want to have in my book collection.

The last agenda for the day was dinner with Mon and Richie. It was Mon's birthday last Saturday. He doesn't really do anything for his birthday. Hehe! Since I haven't seen them in awhile, I decided to ask Richie if they were up for dinner. We decided to eat at the Asian Kitchen at City Link Mall because Richie was raving about the roast pork and the fried rice. Our excuse for the (sinful) meal was Mon's birthday. Haha!

It is always nice the pair since they're the friends I've known for the longest time. Richie and I met in 2002, if I'm not mistaken. I met Mon a few years later. On my first visit to Singapore, I stayed with Richie and Mon.

Rarely do I go out or stay out late on a Sunday night. That is because I want to spend the last few hours of the weekend prepping for Monday and just relaxing in the comfort of my room. However, there are nights when I could make an exception. Last night was one of those nights. Hehe!

It was an activity-packed weekend, wasn't it?!

No comments:

Post a Comment