Friday, December 24, 2010

Queermas dinner 2010






Thursday night was the annual Queermas party. :)

It started several years ago. If I remember correctly, it was either 2002 or 2003. The first one I remember was at the condo along Tordesillas where Jigs and Xoch used to stay.

This year, we started off the Queermas party with dinner at Sugi. Well, the rest of the group started with dinner at Sugi. I-vanchy and I were late. Hehehe! We had to do some shopping, gift wrapping and I-van's haircut. Hehe! The meeting time was at 7PM. We arrived at 9PM. Hehe!

From Sugi, we moved to Barcino where we had drinks and the much-awaited exchange gift. I bought some Moleskin notebooks for the exchange gift. Jigs was the one who got the gift. I, on the other hand, got a very nice game set from Abi & Chari. There were also presents from Millie, I-van, Edsel, Jofer & Vince.

Many years have passed since that first Queermas party. A lot of changes has happened. New faces are added every year. Some of the people who used to go are no longer seen - new work, moved elsewhere, new partner.

But even if the cast changes, one thing remains the same - the presence of friendship. It is that thing that keeps the tradition alive. It is that thing that keeps the people connected no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment