Friday, December 17, 2010

Becks in the city...





One of the things that I realized when in Singapore was that I already have a lot of friends there - straight and becks. Haha!

The realization came when I started having a hard time making a schedule to meet up with all of them. There were one or two I didn't get to meet up with. There was one who I didn't know was already there.

I was only in Singapore for a couple of days and there was so much I wanted to do and see. And of course, I wanted to hang out with my friends as much as I could, but the days weren't just enough.

It's a good thing that with my becks friends, I found an easier way of gathering them or at least, most of them, even if they come from different groups. Haha!

Saturday morning, Marl and I met up with Chris. The guy was flying to Germany in the evening, so Marl and I had to get up early to see him. While waiting for Chris at MickeyD's Raffles City, I texted Miguel if he was already up and if he could come join us. Luckily, Miguel was also an early riser. He replied that he was just doing some errands in Orchard and that he could meet us at Raffles in a few. Yey!

Sunday afternoon, I was texting Richie and Mon, as well as Cyp and Jon, where they'll be in the evening. They said they had no plans. I said, "Okay, you know where Zirca is. That's where we're heading tonight. See you all there." Hehehe! Yey!

I really have to say that I was happy that one of the things I got to do before I went back to SG was getting my becks friends to meet each other. At least, merong bagging kapuso, kapamilya, kapatid sill. Hehehe!

Richie and Mon I've known since early 2000. Our best memories together was Icon. On my first visit to SG, I stayed with Richie. Cyp and Jon I met through I-van. The four of us joined a run early this year. I only got to meet them in one run, but we became good buddies thanks to Twitter and Facebook. I love the kiddies so much and I introduced them to Richie and Mon (as well as straight friends Rej, Kym and Joann who found the two super adorable) so that the two would have "Uncles" and "Aunties." Miguel is a friend from Pinoyexchange. The last time I saw him he was still in med school. I was really happy to have gotten Facebook message from him when I posted that I was in SG. We got to hang out, and I was able to introduce him to more becks friends. Miguel would kill me for writing this but I really wanted to ensure that he would have more becks friends, especially after starting a conversation on something which was unfortunately interrupted. Hehehe! Ian and Edsel are Twitter/running buddies who know each other already but I wanted them to meet Cyp and Jon too so they can all go running and partying.

It's a small world, huh?! And it's a happy world thanks to these guys.

I have to be honest. I started missing them even before I left SG. The time we spent together just wasn't enough. Haha! Yeah, sorry an. Ang drama. But I really, really want to go back to SG to see them all because I know that the Lion City is definitely much more fun thanks to the

...becks in the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment