Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Friday is a holiday...



This Friday is a public holiday in commemoration of Buddha's birthday aka Vesak Day.

I'm really itching to get out of the island, even for just a day.

The one thing I really want to go to is the beach. I already pictured myself on a sun chair by the swimming pool with the current book I'm reading. There's a very cold bottle of beer or a fruit shake on a side table. The only loud sound is that of water from the nearby sea splashing as it hits the rocks.

Ahh, that would be really nice.

I told PG Boy about it. The first thing that came to my mind was the beach resort in Batam that Ian, Chris and MkSurf8 went to two years ago.

I went online to check ferry rates. It was cheapo. I emailed the resort to ask about the day pass rate. It was also quite cheapo.

In my mind, it was a good plan. We can take the first ferry out of Singapore, spend the entire day at the resort, and then take last ferry from Batam heading back to Singapore. I also cannot do an overnight stay because I have a museum session the following day.

However, PG Boy still needed to confirm. Lol.

The other option that came to mind involved neighboring Johor Bahru. Obviously, it's not my first choice but it's the next option. I dun mind going to that reflexology place PG Boy and I usually go to when we're in JB. I could definitely use a fully body massage. A delicious meal at the Chinese restaurant a few steps away would also be nice.

The other thing I wanted to do in JB was to check out the Royal Museum. Yes, JB has one. I learned from one of the curators of the National Museum of Singapore that the royal museum in JB holds quite a number of interesting artefacts.

I Googled for the museum and the sites I saw both say that the museum is closed on Fridays. Boo!

Oh well, we'll see, we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment