Wednesday, March 17, 2010

30-Day Tumblr Challenge: Day 17 - An art piece: Anita Ho's Flower Vendors



This has to be one of my favorite works of one of the artists I really love.

I forgot the title though of this masterpiece (Flower Vendors, I think.). Hehe!

I like it because from what I know, Anita Ho only has a few paintings that have men (or in this case, boys) as a subject. Except for the portraits of her grandsons, most of her work that I’ve seen are of women in the countryside.

One reason I also like this particular work is because it reminds me of my siblings. No, we aren’t flower vendors, nor do we love flowers. Hehe! It’s the number of subjects in the paintings - three. And that’s how many we are - there’s me, and my two younger bros.

The painting was used for the 2006 Christmas greeting card of the company I used to work for. The photo above is the greeting card taken with my cellphone, so please forgive the poor quality of the picture. Hehe!

If I remember correctly, this painting is now with Anton San Diego. Lucky him. One day, I’ll save enough money to buy it. Hehehe! Wishful thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment