Saturday, April 10, 2010

Kym + JoAnn = Love, Love. Love.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Today was a day full of cheesiness and romance. I love! Haha!

Earlier, my friend/former colleague Joann tied the knot with long-time (?) boyfriend Kym at the Antipolo Cathedral. I was lucky to have been invited to witness the lovebirds exchange vows. I can't remember the last wedding I've attended. I'm quite sure it was the wedding of someone I didn't know, and a girl friend just had to drag me to be her plus one. Hehehe!

See, having queer guy friends is good for single girl friends. Hehe! I've attended a number of weddings, baptisms of people I don't know because I had to accompany my single girl friends. Haha! And I'm always happy to do it. Who knows? The person who'll finally change my FB status might be at these events. Hahaha!

Anyway, going back to the wedding, the plan was to meet up with office friends at Reena's house. I arrived at her place around 2PM. When I got there, she and Mich were already prepping. Minutes later, Rhyz and Stephie arrived. When we left Reena's home, I was with four gorgeously made up ladies. Can you say hawt-e?! Haha! I, on the other hand, just wore black pants, leather shoes and a white shirt. The barong was worn when we got to the church.

We reached the church just in time. Joann was waiting in the bridal car. We got to say hi to her before we went inside the church to find seats. It was a beautiful and moving ceremony. Weddings are like that, I guess. Seeing two people profess their love for one another and their desire to stay together til whatever does something. It restores one's faith in love and relationships. Ugh! Cheesy! Hahaha!

I didn't like the homily of the priest though. Ulk. He didn't have one central idea. His thoughts were all over the place He touched certain issues that made me go, "Oh puhlease." Jeez, the homily was as generic as it can be. Hay! And the Church wonders why the drop in the number of churchgoers.

Moving on, I had a grand time taking photos of the couple and the ceremony, even if I wasn't an official photographer. The church staff were already giving me a "get-down-from-the-altar" look but I didn't care. Hehe! This was one of the situations where the training in work to get the needed photo came in very handy. Hahaha!

An hour and a half after the bride and the groom marched down the aisle and sealed their love for one another with a kiss and so much more, we left the cathedral and headed to the reception venue. The dindin was held at the Velada Estate. The place is quite nice. Perfect garden reception venue. I didn't stay for the duration of the party though. I had to leave early because of the Mizuno Run tomorrow. Thankfully, colleague/friend Kring had to leave early and I was able to ride with her. Otherwise, it would have been difficult commuting from Antipolo to QC. Hehe!

Really nice cheesemax Saturday night! Congrats Kym and Joann! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment