Sunday, August 30, 2015

Brunch, museum, dinner, angels...



My Saturday ended 30 minutes past twelve (and it was already a Sunday).

Today was another busy day. There was not much activity. It was more of a going from one place to another to either spend time with friends or to attend a prior commitment.

In the morning, I met up with Mon and I-van for brunch. The latter was flying back to Kuala Lumpur this afternoon. I didn't get to spend much time with him since I was also entertaining other friends. Thankfully, Mon messaged to invite to brunch at Wild Honey Scotts Square. It was good because I get to see I-van again before he flies out and also because I haven't been to Wild Honey in a while, and I miss brunch. Haha!

Hmm, I-van, technically, is not really a visitor anymore since his work trips to Singapore is getting more frequent. Hehe! But still, it's always a joy to see him. Back in Manila, my workplace was only a few buildings away from his. We would sometimes meet in the afternoon for coffee and a smoke (well, just him). In a way, it kind of feels like that again.

After brunch, we walked around a bit Scotts and Taka before parting ways. Mon needed to go do some errands. I-van had to head back to the hotel to get his luggage and head to the airport. I, on the other hand, had an appointment at the National Gallery.

I'm excited for the opening of the museum. Hmm, I'm done with the first of two papers. The next thing I need to work on is to prep for my assessment tour. It is scheduled for the end of September. I need to spend the next few weeks to prepare for that. At the same time, I have to start writing on my other tour paper, which is due end of October.

The activity with the museum ended by 330. My next appointment was around 5 or 6PM. Since I had to stay in town for the next appointment, I decided to just head to the National Library to do a bit of reading.

By 5, I left the library and took the bus to nearby Plaza Singapura. Grace, another ex-colleague, is in town for less than 24 hours. Of course, a meetup was necessary. I suggested that Grace, ex-colleague/SG noob Arlyn, and I meet at Tim Ho Wan for a light snack. It was only 5PM. Surely, the queue won't be long. I was right. THW was also a good choice because Grace has never tried the food at the restau.

For dinner, we went to Lau Pa Sat and had a feast - char kway teow, satay, dumpling soup, naan with different dips. Grace requested for hawker food. Lau Pa Sat was the quick solution. Hehe! Again, it was a good choice because Arlyn has never been to Lau Pa Sat. JoAnn then also joined us for dinner and chitchat. Thankfully, LPS was not extremely crowded. It also got cooler somehow so the four of us just decided to stay at LPS for chitchat and dessert.

The last time I saw Grace was when I left in 2011. Less than a year ago, she was assigned to Melbourne. This was definitely a reunion. I'm really glad that even though I'm no longer with Smart, I continue to be good friends with my ex-colleagues. Every time we see each other, the feeling is like we're still working together. Friendship with the PA girls is something I'm really grateful for.

We called it a night a little after 10. I was already very tired. I couldn't wait to take a shower. It was hot the entire day, and I was not wearing summer-friendly attire. Hehe!

Instead of heading home, I decided to swing by the National Museum first to catch the last performance of Garden of Angels by Theater Tol for the Singapore Night Festival. I was initially planning to catch the 9PM performance, but of course I had to choose hanging out with my ex-colleagues. Hehe!

Thankfully, there was an 11PM performance and thankfully, it will end not too late and I will still get to catch the train back to my place.

It was a good decision to go catch Garden of Angels, even if I was by myself. Haha! The performance was really enchanting and it was my first time to see an aerial performance like that.

I finally reached home before 1. I rested for a bit, showered and then before I knew it, I was already in lalaland. Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment