Monday, August 10, 2015

I watched the NDP 2015...




I feel like the luckiest boy in the world today!

With Richie and Mon overseas, I wasn't sure who else would be interested to head to town and soak up the atmosphere of the SG50 celebration. The only other person who came to mind was Jon. When he confirmed that he and his housemates are going to watch the fireworks and the celebrations, I told him I will be tagging along with them.

While waiting for Mass to start today, Ian messaged me asking where I was and what my plans for the day were. I just told him that I was in church about to attend Mass and that I was going to join Jon and his housemates in watching the fireworks et al.

His next message made my heart skipped a beat.

"Wanna go to NDP with me?? Two tickets. And I thought of you."

That was when I almost when crazy and started a series of excited exchanges with him. He confirmed that he had two tickets. When I asked if it was Padang tickets, he said they were tickets at the Floating Platform. I told him that I already made plans with Jon but I am hoping and quite certain Jon will understand when I tell him that I will be going with Ian instead.

Ian and I agreed our meetup time. Afterwards, I went ahead with Mass and apologising repeatedly to Jon for flaking at the last minute.

It was such a great and memorable experience! I have always been vocal about how I see Singapore as my adopted country (at least until the MOM keeps renewing my work pass) and I do love this nation. To be able to watch the NDP live is definitely something! To be honest, I tell a few Singaporean friends that I wished I had tickets to watch the NDP. The tickets are balloted making it very difficult to have access to. I have not really entertained any thought that I will be able to watch the NDP live one day. Ian telling me he had tickets was a true blessing! Not only did we get to watch just any NDP, it was THE NDP to watch.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Ian. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Lordy, for this blessing.

I just got home a few minutes ago. I'm dead tired but I'm also still on a high from being able to join the nation in celebrating its 50th anniversary as an independent nation.

Happy birthday, Singapore!

No comments:

Post a Comment