Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Hello, October...



And the last quarter of the year begins today... Woohoo!!! :)

October is my favorite month for a very obvious reason. Hehe! Close to two years ago though, October became even more special. Hehe!

Well, today has definitely been a happy day. I was able to go to yoga this morning. I feel that the few sessions these past few weeks have been helping improving my balance. Hehe!

Last night, I went out for a run and the result was quite a nice surprise.

Since I missed Combat in the morning (because I kept on hitting the Snooze button), I decided that I would just go for a run in the evening. To go for a run was also quite challenging because I haven't really been running for the longest time.

Thankfully, the spirit triumphed and I was walking towards the Park Connector near my block a little past seven.

I just started slow since I haven't ran in a long time. Also, I didn't load any music on my iphone. I was running without music blaring in my ears for the first time. Hehe.

My only guide was the Runkeeper app which told me the distance I've covered and my speed. One kilometer, two kilometers. Before I knew it, I've already crossed the 5KM mark. The surprising thing was I easy ran the whole time. I didn't stop at all to walk or catch my breath or buy a drink. That's certainly a first and I'm completely happy about it.

All those hours of Combat have definitely improved my endurance (?). Hehe! Yay!

It was definitely a good way to say buhbye to September and hello to October.

4 comments:

  1. congrats friend! habol na sa stan chart :) hehe naka tapos ka naman before ng 21KM so 5km should be easy for you! go go go friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe! dun want, friend. baka ikamatay ko siya. hahaha! next year na lang? hehe! :) you should goooo! :D

      Delete
  2. gora na! long run this sunday? we're doing 18

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Award sa 18! :) Kailangan pang i-build up ulit ang resistensya ko, Teh. Pag nag-run kayo next week. :) Asa JB aker for the weekend for a birthday. Lol!

      Delete