Monday, January 11, 2016

And so it begins...



Today was the first day of the volunteer activity.

For a first day, there were a lot of things that happened, a lot of things to take in.

I met quite a number of people from different countries and backgrounds. There is another Filipino in the group to my pleasant surprise.

By the time the activities today ended, I will admit that I was overwhelmed. Tomorrow, I will be leading the first of eight activities. Each one of us in the team is expected to do the same. I'm nervous because my team mates are all experienced in the field.

However, I had to remind myself again and again that this is not a competition with other members of the team. The only one I'm competing with is myself. Haha! In fact, two of my team mates who are also leading activities tomorrow were helpful in giving suggestions how I can lead the activity.

If I can just get over the first activity tomorrow in one piece, I know the rest of the activities will go well.

Tonight will be a very late night.

No comments:

Post a Comment