Friday, November 11, 2016

Relaxed Friday...

Today was a pretty relaxed day.

I'm not so sure why, but I only had 4 booked lessons out of the 11 slots I made myself available for.

It does have a good side and a not-so-good side.

Obviously, the good side was I was able to take it easy today. After my morning lessons, I went to Waseda for my Japanese classes. After that, I met up with a new friend Jack for lunch. He lives one station away from Waseda. He worked from home this morning so we were able to meet up for lunch. It's a rainy day today. That added to making this day even colder.

After lunch with Jack, I headed back to Otemachi to prepare for my lessons tomorrow and the following days. I finished my preparation quite early. With an hour or so to kill, I decided to go for a walk around the neighbourhood. Then, it was work time. I figured it would be a slow night. I decided to close my last two lessons for the night and headed home early.

The not-so-good side is that my income is based on my lesson bookings. I set a monthly target of lesson bookings that would allow me to have the level of comfortable life that I want for myself. So far, I was able to meet my target for the first two months. I constantly pray that I will meet that target.

On my first month, I was stressed out by it. However, I woke up one day, read my fave holy verse (Matthew 6:34) and after that, I told myself I don't want to be stressed anymore. I'm not the most religious person, but I do keep my faith. It's one thing that's been helping me get by in my new life. I love being here, I can't believe that I'm here. It does get lonely sometimes because I don't have the loads of friends that I have in Singapore. I'm not complaining though. I prayed for this blessing, and I'm truly grateful for this blessing. I'm just writing down a fact. Hehe!

Okay, that's it. Happy weekend!

2 comments:

  1. There are so many temples and shrines in Tokyo. It is okay to pray harder and more to receive more blessings. I have seen foreigners of other faiths praying at the shrines too. No harm man. I pray for you now - More Money!!

    LOLOL

    ReplyDelete