Friday, August 11, 2017

Friday in Yanaka...

Today is a holiday - Mountain Day

It's a new holiday. It started last year and it's meant to celebrate all things mountain-related in Japan.

I decided to work in another learning studio. Initially, I had three lessons but I guess the students decided to go on a holiday instead. Lol. So, I was down to just one lesson today. It was okay. After my one lesson, I headed to a nearby cafe to work on my semi-sideline job.

After that, I headed home to take a nap.

At 3:45, I left the house and took the train to Nippori to meet up with housemate Shuto. It was his birthday last week and I told I'd buy him dinner. Before going to dinner, I told him I'd like to check out Yanaka.

The place was actually interesting. There was a street called Yanaka Ginza, which was lined with many interesting shops. There were a million cafes. I definitely want to go back and check out the place again.

On top of the cafes, there were a number of cultural places. However, I didn't take any photos because the sky was gloomy. The photos wouldn't look nice. Haha!

From Yanaka, we walked to Ueno and headed to a tonkatsu restaurant. It's the restau where Dean brought me a year ago. I should take more of my visiting friends to that place. The only downside is that you smell like oil when you step out of the restau. Haha! We also went to an izakaya where we had a couple of drinks and had some kushiage. Nice nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment