Sunday, December 17, 2017

Memorial flowers...



Last night, I went to a friend's place for a dumpling party. His parents are in town from China and they made dumplings from scratch! So awesome!

On the way to my friend's place, I decided to get his mom some flowers just to say thank you. I passed by a neighborhood flower shop and chose a small bouquet from one of the several pieces on display.

I took the flowers to the Obaachan to pay. As I was getting money from my wallet, I said to her, "これわプレゼントです。" (This is a present.) because I'd like her to add a ribbon. She replied, "これわプレゼントができない。" ("This can't be a present.")

She said, "これわ memorial flowers です。" We both LOL'd! So I asked her which flowers can be presents and she showed me.

Good thing I asked! LOL!

2 comments:

  1. Muahahahahaha!!!

    You should share how the flowers looked like.

    ReplyDelete