Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Angelo loves girls...

I love girls... who wear dresses. Hehe!

*in a deep pa-macho voice* I just think a woman's femininity really comes out when she's wearing an ultra-nice dress. Sure, a pantsuit could be sexy but there's really something about dresses that makes me adore women. Hehe!

Recently, I've been finding myself in dress-buying situations with my colleague Reena. One time, we looked for a dress for her for the Anvil Awards. Found really gorgeous ones at R.A.F. Plains & Prints in Eastwood. Before Reena, it was Bernice who I used to accompany when she would buy dresses. Her favorite was Mango. But she left for graduate studies abroad.

Anyway, most recently, I pushed Reena to buy two dresses from Adora in Greenbelt 5. Haha! She wasn't really planning to do some shopping but you'll find out in a bit why the purchases turned out to be good ones. The dresses were taken using my sucky phone, so that's why they don't look that nice. But those were the first "Reena, you gotta try this on" pieces that I saw while going through the clothes. (Monet, borrowed your Adora photo. Hehe!)

I've been to Adora a couple of times, and during this last shopping trip, I was happy to find out that the upscale store carries mid-range apparel as well. Initially, I thought all they had were the high-end labels with skyrocket prices. I checked out the menswear and womenswear labels and I found Etro, Missoni, D&G, Dior Homme and Jil Sander. The bags the store carries on the other hand include Lanvin and Chloe!!!

The prices are not for the faint of heart, I have to say. Plus, the interior design goes very well with the merchandise. It's rich. It's opulent. It doesn't feel like a department store.

But I was proven wrong. The dresses Reena bought were really cheap...ehrm, affordable... given that they're from Adora. They were also at reduced prices (Eeep! Don't kill me, Reena.) so that was a major, major plus for the store. Hehe!

When we left the store, I told Reena to wear the dress with the hearts this Friday. She looked me and said, "But what's the occasion?"

I replied, "Well, we'll just have to make one then." Hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment