Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Tuesday aftie at the Phil embassy + PS Cafe...



Took the afternoon off today to head down to the Philippine embassy.

After six long weeks, my new passport is now ready for collection. Yey! =)

For fellow OFWs in the island, here's some good info in case you dunno. You won't be asked to leave your old passport while the new one is being processed.

Initially, I wasn't too happy about the thought of leaving my passport with the embassy. What if I felt like heading out of the city on a weekend? Or what if I needed to fly out? Anyway, it was really great that I get to keep my old passport while the new one was prepped.

From Holland Village, I took the bus heading to Orchard and alighted just across St. Regis. I was contemplating on taking a cab going to the embassy from the stop because it was extra hot that afternoon.

I ended up just walking since it wasn't that far. I thought to myself that maybe if I walk at a glacial pace, I wouldn't sweat too much.

Dead wrong. Haha!

When I got to the embassy, I was already sweating like crazy. And if you've been to the embassy... hehehe. :)

The good thing about heading to the embassy on a weekday is that it's not that crowded. There may still be a crowd but they're usually there for other stuff I think (OEC, etc.)

I waited for less than an hour before I finally got my new passport. Yey!

With hours to kill before meeting up with some OC volunteers, I decided I'd hang out at a cafe to cool myself and do some things. I brought Stefan with me so he'd be really helpful.

From the embassy, I decided to just walk back again to the main road. There were two Starbucks branches and a CBTL nearby, but I found myself walking towards Palais Renaissance.

I figured I'd reward myself a bit and have some me-hohol time at P.S. Cafe.

As I'd expected, it wasn't crowded at all. I got a table and for the next two hours, I did some research on a possible project. It was good that there weren't that many people. The wait staff didn't have to kick me out. Haha!

By 5 plus, I decided to leave PS Cafe and do some more walking. I made the mistake of ordering a slice of carrot cake and it was damn huge. Haha!  So to lessen the guilt, I walked to Orchard and then to Somerset. Haha!

Nice me time afternoon.

2 comments:

  1. do they keep your passport while renewal is still in progress? here in KL, I still have my passport with me while I'm still waiting for the new one. as long as its still valid (6 months prior to expiration) you can still use it while the new passport is being prepared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, david. :) you get to keep your passport while the new one is being processed. :) you can still use it while waiting for the new one. :)

    ReplyDelete