Friday, May 1, 2015

May is here...



Sheesh, I can't believe I only have 9 posts for April. Haha! What's up with that? I should try to do more this May.

Let me start this month's post by writing about how the first day of May went.

It's a long weekend, and I didn't really have any out-of-town plans. I need to save for an upcoming holiday with my Mom. I need to save for another holiday later this year. Meanwhile, most of my friends headed out of the country. Hehe!

But me being me, I know I will find ways to keep myself busy, to tire myself this long weekend. Haha!

Okay, so I really wanted to hit the gym today. There was a Pump class at Fusionopolis that will be handled by two of my fave Pump instructors. However, I won't be able to go as I have another appointment at the same time as the class. So, I thought I'd just go to Westgate and hit the treadmill.

As I was prepping my stuff, I thought to myself, "Why not just run around the neighbourhood?" It's close to home and it would give me enough time to do the other things I want to do before heading out. Besides, the Park Connector close to my home is a great jogging/running/cycling path.

So, the plan to go to the gym was scrapped. Instead, I looked for my running belt which I have not used in so long. After finding it and after stashing my IC, ATM, EZ Link, some cash, my phone and earphones in it, I left the house and made my way to the park connector.

Well, it turned out to be a very good decision to run in my neighbourhood. What I initially planned to be just a 30-minute run had it been at the gym became a 51-minute run/jog. What I initially thought would be a 3.5KM run/jog became a 6.6KM run. Hahaha! Even I myself was surprised with the outcome of my morning plan. Lol!

It was definitely a good start for the month.

This afternoon, I went to NUS because I read that the Natural History Museum is now open. I was interested to go because I want to see the dinosaur skeletons. Hehe! I was able to find the museum. Sadly, all tickets for the day were already sold out. Oh well, some other time.

I decided to just use the time to walk around the almost empty NUS campus. I love the feeling of being in a university. It really brings back good memories of my own university experience.

So, that's it for 1 May.

No comments:

Post a Comment