Friday, September 19, 2014

Recently, memes have been appearing all of a sudden on my Facebook feed.

It first started with a Top 10 Books in My Life. Being a reader myself, I was more than happy to sit down and ponder on which authors and titles have really had an impact on my life.

The next thing I know, there is another meme for Top 10 Movies, followed by Top 10 Songs. I even saw one on Top 10 Bible verses. Seriously.

Another meme that I've been seeing is Top 20 Favourite Cities. In Tipz's latest blog entry, he enumerated his favourite cities. After commenting that his list was nice, I was somewhat "tagged" to do the list myself.

Because I want to use the hasthag #humblebrag, I'll just post my list here as well. Haha!

My Top 20 Cities. More than being a favourite destination, these are the cities that have left an impact on the past three decades of my life.

In no particular order:

Bangkok, Thailand: First overseas country visited with a partner.

Daegu, South Korea: First overseas country visited and made awesome friends!

San Jose, Mindoro Occidental: Where I learned lessons that I will never learn within the four walls of any university.

Jolo, Sulu: If not for all the fighting, Mindanao truly is a beautiful region.

Iloilo, Iloilo: If I have to go back, I would want to live and retire in this city/province.

El Nido, Palawan: Why I am so in love with the beach.

Tagum, Davao: Good memories of summer break when I was still in uni.

Dumaguete, Negros Oriental: Coastal city. University town. Good food. Friendly people. How can one not fall in love?

Vigan, Ilocos Sur: For anyone who wants to travel back through time.

Singapore, Singapore: Adopted home. Love at first sight.

Malacca, Malaysia: Historical town. Perfect location for a short getaway.

Bagan, Myanmar: The best sunrise experience ever.

Kathmandu, Nepal: Read my description about San Jose, Mindoro Occidental.

Brussels, Belgium: Completely caught by surprise that I will fall in love with this city.

Vatican City: I could have died the day I saw Pope Francis and I would have still been one happy Catholic guy.

Amsterdam, Netherlands: Easily became my favorite European city and not for the reasons that Amsterdam is often popular for.

Siem Reap, Cambodia: Seeing the Angkor temples made me in awe of human talent, intelligence and skill.

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam: Crazy night with two friends.

Quezon City, NCR: As much as I detest Metro Manila, Quezon City is my home.

Other cities I'm hoping to see in the near future:

New York
San Francisco
Machu Picchu
Bruges
Ghent
Paris
Madrid
Barcelona
Athens
London
Venice
Florence
Melbourne
Sydney
Auckland
Tagbilaran

No comments:

Post a Comment