Saturday, September 13, 2014

Mama Mia's back in Singapura...





Today was a loooong day! LOL!

It started at 3 in the morning. I had to wake up for a few minutes at the ungodly hour to call my brother and ensure that Mom was able to check-in, get past immigration and all.

Two and a half hours later, I was up already because I wanted to do laundry before heading to the airport to fetch my Mom.

Her flight was supposed to land at a little past 9. I reached Changi right on time. In fact, I had to wait some twenty minutes more before I saw her collecting her luggage from the carousel and heading out to the arrival area.

As I expected, Mom wanted to rest and get some sleep first due to her early flight.

It worked well for me because I wanted to go to the gym for Body Combat. Haha!

From the gym, I headed back to rest a bit and charge my phone. Mom and I then left for the city at half past four.

That gave us just enough time to have a very leisurely walk around the Raffles Place/Merlion Park/Esplanade area before heading to dinner.

Her request was to try the chilli crab. That's how No Signboard was decided on.

I'm not a huge fan of crabs but I'm glad that crab lover friends were able to join.

We finished dindin close to 9PM. It was a very filling selection of dishes. Thankfully, we had to walk quite a bit for us to reach Raffles Place MRT.

As I had anticipated, we would reach home a little past 10. It's not even 11 yet but I'm really tired and just ready to zzz.

I would have wanted to read a few more chapters of The Maze Runner, but I'm just too tired. Haha! On a side note, TMR is such an easy read. It was a good decision to read it right after Donna Tartt's The Goldfinch. I started yesterday and I'm already halfway through the book. Then again, I had a lot of time to read going to the airport, heading back, while queueing for Combat, going to the city. Hehe!

Day 1 done. 15 more days to go. Haha! Welcome back to Singapore, Mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment