Thursday, November 6, 2014

Could use some change right now...



Change is in the air again.

Two major changes are bound to happen by the end of November.

First off, I can start working in my PJs or in my boxers or even naked come December. Haha! Nope, I haven't decided to be part of some nudist cult. The department I belong to is implementing a work-from-home setup. It is part of the major transformation that the company is going through and will continue to go through until 2017.

Initially, I was a bit hesitant about the Work-from-Home setup. Believe it or not, I do love waking up in the morning, prepping for work, getting dressed and going to an actual office. Now that I'll be working from home, I wonder how that will be like. I wake up at my usual 545AM, turn on the light in my room, head over to my desk and start working. Haha!

No lah. I plan to keep the office/home feel. I still plan to shower before starting my day. I still plan to wear nice office clothes. I would probably wear shorts, but I do plan to continue wearing my long-sleeved shirts.

Also, I'm going to set up a small home-office corner in my already tiny room. The current desk I have will be moved to one corner of the room and will be converted to be my office desk. The table I got from Tipz, as well as the cushion and the carpet, will be used for the home section of the room.

I'm more concerned about not seeing people and working in a solo environment. I hope I don't end up being a recluse. Haha! If I do end up being one, please let me be like Martin Margiela.

After a bit more thinking, I'm now looking forward to the new setup. It's quite exciting, I suppose. It'll be a new experience. At the moment, I'm just open to things. There is no point in being reactionary. Change might be good.

This year also saw a few friends leaving and moving on. Coly moved to Brussels. Gemma moved from Brussels to Washington. Adrian is back in the Philippines. Paula is going back to the Philippines for a few months before moving to California early next year. Tipz is leaving Singapore by end of the month and will be moving to Australia. I'll certainly miss the guy... maybe for a day or two. Haha! Kidding!

There's another thing I'm waiting for/I've been praying for. It'll be this November, too. Another chance for change. If it's meant for me, I pray that it will happen. If other plans are in store for me, I pray for patience and more faith. Hehe!

Change. Could use some in my life right now.

2 comments: