Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Hi, I like your belt...

Something amusing happened in the train yesterday.

I was on my way to Tiong Bahru to get Tipz's power bank.

There I was, by the train door, minding my own business, quietly reading the news on my phone when I heard someone say hi.

I looked up from my phone and there was this guy standing about a feet away. He smiled at me and said, "Hi, I like your belt."

Lol! I wasn't sure if I was going to laugh or what.

He then continued, "It goes very well with your shoes."

The funny thing was I was wearing a belt that is more than 5 years old! I got it a million years ago back in Manila from a shop called Samuel & Kevin. I'm not even sure if the store still exists in Manila.

I told this to the guy and I just thanked him for his kind words. He said he thought I just bought it so I guess he was going to as where I got it.

Thankfully, the train was approaching Tiong Bahru station. I was running out of things to say. I about to pick up my bag when I noticed that he was also heading towards the door. Shoot!

The train reached Tiong Bahru, he extended his hand to me and introduced himself. I shook his hand and told him my name, too. His last words were, "See you around."

The doors closed and the train headed to Outran Park. At Outram Park, I alighted and then waited for two trains before going back to Tiong Bahru. Hahaha!

Amusing train ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment