Saturday, October 11, 2014

Birthday month 30-day writing challenge: Day 11...



Today's topic is to write about a favourite quote.

Hmm, I would say that I have quite a number of favourite quotes from a number of both real people and fictional characters.

Hmm, for example, "The sexiest thing someone can wear are a white shirt and a pair of jeans." from Calvin Klein. And then there's "I think I got left behind somewhere because I'm, you know, still a romantic." from Grace Coddington. For fictional characters, there is "If we don't respect the past, we'll find it harder to build our future," which is from Downton Abbey. Haha!

But I guess my favourite quote would be from the Gospel of Matthew, chapter 6 verse 34.

It goes, "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

The passage is a favourite because it constantly reminds me to put all my faith in the Big Guy up there. Faith plays an significant role in my life, I have to admit that. If not for the faith in the Lord, I am not sure how I would have faced some of the trials that life has thrown at me. Hehe!

So, every time I feel that things are not going my way, I just recall this Bible verse and I feel better. I am not a fan of tattoos. I don't think I will ever get one. But in a parallel world where I would get myself inked, I think I would definitely have Matthew 6:34 as my tatt.

What's your favourite quote?

No comments:

Post a Comment