Wednesday, January 21, 2015

See you again soon, Cambodge...



Generally, an uneventful Wednesday.

Work was very manageable today. There were a few issues that needed immediate attention. After those issues were resolved, it was pretty much a slow day. Things picked up again at the end of the day just when I was about to end my work day. My counterparts in the UK were just starting their day and a few of them still managed to catch me before I could go offline. Hehe!

After helping them with their issues, I made my way to the gym where I met up with Chris. He planned to go to Combat, and I haven't really gone to Combat in a long time. The instructor tonight is one of my favourites. That was definitely an added motivation to make the journey to the gym. Hehe!

I guess the highlight of the day was starting to plan for the Siem Reap trip with Mom. It's somewhat of a challenge because I'm trying to work within a certain budget since I'll be paying for the trip. Lol!

There is no issue with the accommodations and the tour package. I have been to Siem Reap before so I have an idea on the local cost. What is requiring some planning and I think early booking are the flights. Should I fly Mom directly to Siem Reap? Should she fly to Singapore and then we'll fly together to Siem Reap? Should she and I just meet at KL and from there, take the flight together to Siem Reap?

This last arrangement seems to be the best one, so far. Mom and I can meet at KLIA, spend the night in KL and take the first flight to Siem Reap the following day. We spend a few days in Siem Reap and then take the flight again back to KL, where she will take a flight to Manila and I to Singapore.

As a first step into arranging this trip, I already booked our accommodations. It is one of the boutique villas near the Pub Street. The cost for 4 days/3 nights is a dirt cheap S$150. From the photos and the reviews on Booking.com and TripAdvisor, the said 3-star hotel has rave reviews. I could choose to stay in the hotel where I stayed before. But then, I think it's time to try something new.

I already filed my leaves for this trip. My team lead has yet to approve them. I hope she approves the leaves because this trip will fall on my Mom's birthday.

Also, I hope we'll be blessed with good weather during the trip. I also pray for patience. Hahaha!

Anyway, because of this trip, I have to adjust my own travel plans. I'm not sure if I can push through with my US trip. I want to go back to Europe, but we'll see. I also want to go to Japan. Lol!

So many places to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment