Monday, February 2, 2015

Very looking weekend...



I just got back a few minutes ago.

It was definitely a long Saturday and Sunday for me. Haha! Where I got my energy to survive today and yesterday, I have no idea but I am certainly grateful. Haha!

Saturday.

With only less than six hours of sleep, I managed to reach Fort Canning by 830. Thanks to coffee and because the topics were very interesting, I survived sitting through a three-hour lecture without dozing off. Haha! When the lecture ended, I thought of going home to get some sleep. Instead, I headed to Cathay to go the gym. I brought my gym gear with me and I was set to go for Combat. There was a part of me that was a bit worried about fainting in class (LOL!) because I really felt that I needed some sleep. Thankfully, I survived the 60-minute class. From Cathay, I could've gone home and slept. Instead, I walked over to the bus stop at YMCA, took the bus headed to River Valley, got off at Great World City and walked over to the Church of St. Bernadette. I wasn't sure if I would have time to go to Mass today so I thought it a good idea to go for the anticipated Mass last night. It was a good idea because as it turned out, Sunday was also a packed day. Haha!

Sunday.

The good thing about today was that I got more than 6 hours of sleep. Last night, I reached home at 9PM. I was fast asleep by 930PM. I got up this morning at 6AM (still!) and made it to Fort Canning by 830 for another three-hour lecture. The topic for this morning's lecture was a lot lighter than yesterday's. That made the session this morning a lot more relaxed. After the lecture, I walked over to Somerset because I wanted to spend a few hours at the library. It was my first time to visit the library at Orchard Gateway. I liked it. There aren't enough tables, but they have a section which looks like a mini- mini- amphitheatre where one can sit on the steps and do his/her work. That's exactly what I did. From 130 to 4PM, I just sat there and worked on the things I wanted to study. From Orchard Gateway, I walked over to Paragon. There was a 450PM Pump class. It's my first time to attend a Sunday afternoon Pump class. Knowing that I won't be able to go to Pump tomorrow night as there's a visiting ex-colleague from the Philippines, I decided it would be best to go to the gym today. Hehe!

The day ended with dinner, dessert and such a good chitchat with Mon, Rich and PG Boy. For the nth time, Mon, Rich and I had Thai again at Korat Thai. PG Boy initially couldn't join us but then messaged again at the last minute to say he was free. I really, really, really love Korat Thai. Forget about where it's located The food is really good. That makes it worth a visit. Good thing PG Boy was able to join because I thought he would enjoy the place. I was right. The evening ended with dessert and loooong conversations at P.S. Cafe Palais. We just talked about all sorts of things. I really felt it was a good ending to the very long and tiring weekend.

Now that I'm working from home, I have more time on Sunday to go out and see friends. Previously, I would prefer to just stay home on a Sunday afternoon so I can prep for Monday. That has changed since I started working from home.

I am ready to call it a night. It was a long weekend but a very good one. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment