Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Vacheron Constantin exhibit...







The other highlight of the weekend was a visit to the National Museum for the Vacheron Constantin exhibit.

As I mentioned in a previous blog entry, I was quite sure my friend Mon would be interested to go see the exhibit. If I-vanchy were here, he would've probably gone as well.

Mon and I agreed to meet at the museum by 4PM. Another friend from Manila, Kate, joined us. Yey.

The exhibit was set up at one of the halls in the basement.
More than 100 pieces were on display. Some pieces date back to the 1800s. Some pieces are very new.

As we went around the exhibit, I couldn't help but be in awe of the patience, dedication and skill of the Vacheron Constantin people. (Uhm, what do you call watchmakers?)

The patience and attention to detail needed to finish one timepiece was just tremendous. I can't imagine myself doing it.

Between being a timepiece creator and an artisan for uhm, Hermes (hehe!), I'd choose the latter. I think I would be better at making bags by hand.

Anyway, my favorite pieces from the exhibit are the ones that featured so much detail. The ones that had paintings and engravings really, really caught my attention.

Amazing, it was just amazing.

Now I have an idea why some timepieces are priced the way they are. Hehe!
Still, I don't see myself getting one of these timepieces even if I can afford it. Maybe because I'm really a bag person.

No comments:

Post a Comment