Taga-UP ka ba? You have 100 days to showcase and share your stories by joining the UP Centennial SMART MMS Photo Competition!
As part of the university’s Centennial celebration, SMART partners with the UP Diliman College of Mass Communications to launch the UPiktyuran Na! with SMART: UP Centennial SMART MMS Photo Competition. The photo contest urges all UP students, alumni, faculty and employees to share their own stories about their experiences in the university, not through words but via images taken using a camera phone and submitted through SMART’s MMS service.
Tell your UP story by sending in photos that contain elements symbolic of or clearly attributed or connected to the University of the Philippines. The convenience and imaging capabilities of mobile phones have made all this easy. So no matter what UP campus you come from or where you are in the world —makipag-UPiktyuran ka na!
The Top Ten outstanding photos win a SMART Bro Prepaid Plug-it each and Asus eeePC laptop! With SMART Bro’s nationwidest coverage, you’re sure to have affordable broadband internet access anytime and anywhere you need it.
Join the UPiktyuran Na! with SMART, UP Centennial SMART MMS Photo Competition now. Log on to www.smart.com.ph/UPiktyuran to view entries. The competition runs from June 22 to September 29, 2008.
How to Join:
1. The UPiktyuran Na! with Smart: UP Centennial SMART MMS Photo Competition will run from June 22 to September 29, 2008.
2. The contest is open to all Smart and Talk 'N Text subscribers affiliated with the University of the Philippines (students, alumni, faculty members or employees)
3. MMS photo entries must be taken with a camera phone and submitted through MMS.
4. MMS photo entries should communicate the participant's story about UP experiences to illustrate what being part of UP and its Centennial celebration means. It must contain elements that are symbolic of or that are clearly attributed or connected to UP.
5. Photo entries must be taken within the official competition duration.
6. To enter, participants must first register by texting UP REG
Example: UP REG Bona Sy/UP Diliman/Alumni
7. Registration to the competition is free and participants will receive a text message confirming their registration.
8. To start sending MMS photo entries, subscribers must simply create an MMS message, type UP
Example: UP Sunken Garden
9. Participants can submit as many entries as they like.
10. Submitted entries can be viewed at www.smart.com.ph/UPiktyuran within 24 to 48 hours after submission to the access number.
11. Winners will be chosen and judged on the basis of the following criteria: Creativity – 30%, Theme – 20%, Composition – 20%, and Originality – 30%.
12. Top ten MMS photo entries will be awarded one Smart Bro Prepaid Plug-it and Asus eeePC laptop each.
13. Final winners will be announced on October 10, 2008.
14. By sending the MMS photo to the access number and by participating in the contest, the participant agrees with the contest rules, mechanics, waivers and other terms and conditions. Full details of the rules and mechanics can be viewed at www.smart.com.ph/UPiktyuran
Everyone has a story to tell, and SMART and the UP College of Mass Communications want yours. From the significant and meaningful, to the funny and extraordinary, take a shot of and spin a good yarn on those lasting memories and experiences of being part of the state university. A bunch of UP students and alumni snap stills of the campus life, sharing the sights, sounds, tastes, and faces that are an integral part of buhay UP.
Support your favorite MMS photo!
Not from UP? You can still participate by joining the UPiktyuran Na! with SMART Polling Promo.
View and vote for your favorite entries by checking out the competition microsite: www.smart.com.ph/UPiktyuran. The entry that garners the most number of votes for the duration of the voting period receives the UPiktyuran Na! Texters’ Choice Award as well as a special prize from SMART.
To vote, just type UPVOTE > and send to 5355. Each text vote will cost only P1.00.
Example: UPVOTE 98
Let your voices be heard! You have until October 3, 2008 to declare your UPiktyuran pick.