Friday, August 7, 2009

Farewell, PCCA... Thank you...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This should have been posted last Monday, but as I've said in my previous blog entry, I've been swamped - really swamped - with work.

So I had to delay writing about the recent events, and (try very hard to) focus on work stuff. I certainly don't want to be jobless, especially with the economy and all. Hehe!

Anyway, the photos above were taken last Monday. I wasn't really planning on doing any coverage on the event. However, the Bossingerzie popped in during our team meeting and instructed us to cover the event. The next thing I know I was already on the streets of Ayala Ave. waiting for the cortege to pass by the building.

It was really quite an experience. I was still in prep when the whole EDSA thing happened, so I don't really have any vivid memory of the events then. It also doesn't help that I'm allergic to politics, so I never really follow the lives of our political leaders.

But after two hours of standing in Ayala Ave. and seeing the number of people grow, there is only conclusion - Pres. Cory Aquino was really loved by the people.

It was very hard not to get emotional as her cortege neared our building. There was that historical music playing, confetti was in the air, people were shouting "Cory, Cory!", and the crowds just applauded as the hearse carrying the remains of PCCA passed by.

Because the crowd was starting to get wild and there was a fight for space to get good shots, I just held up the camera and kept on clicking. Bahala na whatever photos come out. I'm glad I got some good photos. I haven't uploaded them yet on Facebook though.

Anyway, about the photo with the late Mrs. Aquino above. I met her only once. That was taken during a meeting with her foundation, and our company presented the initiatives it was doing in the microfinance sector. I was there to just cover the event. But the good thing was I was the only one from the group who got to have a solo photo with her.

I remember after taking the bosses' group photo with Mrs. Aquino. I had to boldly ask one of them to take my photo with her. It was stupid not to. How often do you get to meet a former President? Apparently, not that often. That was the first and only time I got to be up close with her.

Rememberin her charisma and her positive aura on that day, I must say that she did leave an imprint on me. One that I will remember for a long time.

Farewell, PCCA. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment