Monday, November 23, 2009

Happy 1st birthday, Phoenix...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm really starting to be forgetful. I dunno if 30 has got anything to do with it.

For one, I'm starting to be really bad with names. I meet someone. After a couple of days, we meet again. And I don't remember the person’s name. It's really bad, especially for work. Ugh!

Anyway, yesterday while I was still on a high watching James Jean do his thing at Fully Booked BHS, I get a call from colleague Weng. She goes, "Where are you?" I tell her where I was and what I was doing. And she goes, "Why aren't you here at GB3? Phoenix's birthday is tonight."

I go, "Ampf! That's tonight! I thought it was tomorrow. Shoot, shoot, shoot!" So I hurriedly leave FB and James Jean and rushed to GB3. Thankfully, it was easy to get a cab that night. And thankfully, GB3 was near. Andre and I were at Bubba Gump in about 15 minutes.

Former colleagues Cathy and Lenly were there too. Birthday girl Phoenix looked ultra cute in her dress. She was oblivious to all the celebration for her first birthday, but everyone had such a good time. Weng prepared the program and games that night. When you’re a CorpComm/HR person and you’re married to an ad agency person, you don’t need to get a party planner anymore, unless you're super toxic. Haha!

It was a beautiful celebration. I enjoyed the food. I think I enjoyed it too much that I had two Marta's cupcakes. Eeeep! Bad UP Boy! Haha!

I carried Phoenix for a good 20 to 30 minutes and I felt like I lifted weights. My forearms and what appears to be biceps were tired and sore. Haha! How’s this for a realization? Babies are a good substitute for free weights, ah. Hehehe! I think my Mom wouldn’t be too happy if I started talking babies. Hehe!

Moving on, Saturday turned out to be really good – hanging out with Andre’, Phoenix’s birthday, and James Jean!!! Woohoo! Couldn’t be more happier.

Happy birthday, my dear Phoenix.

No comments:

Post a Comment