Saturday, November 21, 2009

We brought home three Asian CSR awards... Yey!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Work colleagues and I spent Friday night at the Crowne Plaza in Ortigas. It was the awards night of the Asian CSR Forum and we were one of the winners.

It was truly a special evening. It was the first time that the company got an award from this award-giving body. And we brought home not one, not two but three citations. Yey!

Our Kabalikat sa Edukasyon (Your Partner in Education) program was the winner in the Education category, while the Alternative Power for Cell Sites was a runner-up in the Environmental Excellence category. The top prize went to Tetra Pak in Pakistan which had a really impressive program. Oh well, maybe next time. Haha! I'm particularly happy for this award because I wrote the entry for this category. Haha!

Uhm, I'm not that big of a fan of awards ceremonies. Personally, I'd rather stay in the background and let the people behind the project shine under the limelight. But I guess being in the department where I am requires being up there on the stage every so often. Hehe!

Awarding ceremonies can sometimes be tedious because it takes so long before you go up the stage. Now, I have an idea how attendees of the Oscars or the Emmys feel.

But what is enjoyable is that these award nights are a way of saying that one has done his job quite well. I tend to be insecure at times, and awards like the one we got give me a boost of confidence and an assurance that I'm doing something correct.

Last night was also extra special because our Pres. & CEO Polly Nazareno and our Chairman MVP attended the event. I've met MVP a couple of times, and yet, I still find myself somewhat starstruck by the man every time I see him. Haha! It's the fan in me I guess.

So when the event concluded an hour after what was written in the program, we stayed for a bit and waited for a chance to have a photo with our dear Chairman. Come on, it's not every day I get to do that. And it's not every day that I cross paths with him.

I wonder what it's like to be his personal assistant, or to be the personal assistant of other power CEOs like JAZA or my former DHO. I'm sure it's overly stressful, but I think it's one career I find interesting and might even consider someday. Hehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment