Tuesday, August 1, 2017

It's August!

Whoa, it's already August!

Time is flying so fast! It's insane. Okay, I'll try to post more often. Lol. The operative word being "try."

Last Sunday, I went on a date. Or I thought it was a date.

Recently, I usually just meet with people for one hour. I don't know if it's because I'm getting old or it's because I just don't see the need to spend more time than needed if I feel there's no follow through. Lol.

With this guy though, I dropped the one-hour rule because of a few good signs. He said he usually video calls with guys first before meeting up with them. He liked Rose Bakery, too. (Lol!) As soon as we started chatting, it just felt natural.

Long story short, it was a great Sunday. We had lunch, dinner, and coffee. We went to one of my favorite parks in Tokyo. We went to an onsen.

So, those were all good signs.

Yesterday, I messaged him to ask if he wanted to hang out again soon.

He said yeah but he also said he has a partner.

My reaction was WTF?!

This is the third time that this has happened to me. I refuse to think it's a Japanese thing. (The other two instances were with Japanese guys, too. Lol!) Lying by omission is still lying, I think.

Oh well. I just kinda felt sad because I spent 8 hours with the guy and it was a good date. You don't get that often, right?

Okay, lesson learned. Next time, don't assume!

3 comments:

  1. The important thing is that you do try, despite all. Many people stop after a couple of failed tries.

    You will find him yet. Or him, you. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My comment went missing or deleted? Why?
    Anyway read this link - http://zoomingjapan.com/life-in-japan/problems-when-dating-japanese-men/

    ReplyDelete