Wednesday, August 20, 2008

HCM Chronicles... Part 1....

All set to fly

Branding kung branding... hahaha!

HCM Gang sans Reena

Yep, we're already in Vietnam

Let the camwhoring begin

Camwhoring pa din

So the long weekend was spent at HCM. It turned out to be a really good trip. I was a walking zombie when I went to work last Tuesday (straight from the airport) but it was okay. The three days at HCM was full of good experiences and memories. Not even the rainy afternoons could dampen the "high" we got from the trip. The last time I went out of the country was a couple of years ago, and I'm just glad that I got to go visit another country again. Haha!

Since this would be quite a long story, I decided to chop the storytelling into pieces. Hehe! Our flight to HCM was at 11:00 via Cebu Pacific. We touched down at HCM by 12:30AM (HCM time). It was a good time to arrive because it wasn't that stressful. I don't think there were other flights that arrived at the same time, so we got out of immigration very quickly. (I must also say that HCM's airport is way better than the newly opened NAIA-3. It's much modern, in terms of the facilities. And it appears to be more organized.) Hay, it's really frustrating.) Upon exit of the arrival area, we were fetched by hotel staff. I couldn't be more thankful. Haha! Getting lost in a foreign country at an ungodly hour is not my idea of a vacation. Hehehe!

After a thirty-minute drive, we reached our hotel - Saigon Mini Hotel. It was located in District 1. Exact address is 102/1A Cong Quynh St., District 1. It was also very affordable. $30 a night (twin sharing) and you already get comfy beds, clean bathrooms, fresh towels everyday, AC, free WIFI, mini-bar and daily breakfast. It's a budget hotel but I love it because the staff were very polite and helpful. There's also a PC terminal guests can use for Net surfing, so that's a pogi point. And the location is really good because it's near Ben Thanh Market and De Tham street where tour operators are.

Upon checking in, Tey and I went out to go to the nearby convenience store to get some bottled water and instant noodles. We wanted to go to a bar, but it was really late and the streets were deserted, so we ended up just going back to the hotel and getting a good sleep.

In a couple of hours, it was all going to be very different.

No comments:

Post a Comment