Friday, August 22, 2008

HCM Chronicles... Part 3...

Welcome to the showroom

Some of the artists

And some more

Camwhoring starts at the gates... haha

super mini Cu Chi Tunnel

I wasn't meant to be a VC

Wish ko lang

At the meeting room

Another tunnel

That's a real live person

No to war

No to war talaga

Tey listening to the troubles of the VC

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Here we go

Wooohooo...I fit

Don't ask why I have a backpack


And there was light again

Cu Chi Tunnel conquerors

While I did enjoy the Mekong River tour, I was much more excited about the Cu Chi Tunnel tour. I've been reading up on it several weeks before the trip and it was definitely on my must-do/must-see list while in HCM. (There's another item, but it's much more trivial compared to this. That's reserved for another post. Haha!)

Just like the first day, everyone in the gang woke up at the agreed time. And by 820, we were already on board the bus headed for Cu Chi province. Each time I saw a sign that had Cu Chi and how many more kilometers to go, the excitement furthered. Hehe!

We had a stopover at a handicraft factory, and I was just impressed with how patient the "artists" were in doing their craft. Their attention to details was really admirable. Unfortunately, I couldn't afford to buy any of their stuff because it was just too expensive for a Third World citizen like me. Hehe!

Anyway, my biggest concern was whether to go down the tunnel or not. I'm a bit of a claustrophobe, but I already psyched myself for Cu Chi for the simple reason that I don't want to have a "What if" moment when I get back to Manila. Haha!

So when we reached the point where it was time to go down, I even found myself going ahead of the pack. Maybe because I wanted to go out as fast as I could. Hehehe! But I did enjoy it because we were all just laughing and of course taking photos while we were down there. Hahaha! We only took the short tunnel because it was really hot inside and I don't think I would survive the deeper tunnel. Hehe!

Aside from the tunnel, I enjoyed the rest of the tour - learning about how the Viet Cong survived and fought the Americans, and all.

In the afternoon, we had a city tour. A very wet city tour because the rain poured heavily. It was okay though because we had our "day off" shoot at the Reunification Palace. Hehehe!

So yes, there's going to be a part four and a part five of the trip to HCM. More Cu Chi photos to be posted in the Photos section.

No comments:

Post a Comment