Sunday, August 10, 2008

Wooohooo, NAIA-3

NAIA-3, here I come

Dwarfed by the grand structure

Hello, new departure hall

Final security check

To the gates

Where is Gate 131

Augh, trash on the new seats

Finally saw the newly opened NAIA Terminal 3 last Friday. I saw somewhere that the new terminal will be used by Cebu Pacific, Air Philippines and PAL Express flights. I took an Air Philippines flight to Dumaguete and that's why I finally got to use the new airport.

NAIA-3 is huge, really huge. The departure hall looked really grand because of the very high ceilings. I didn't have a hard time checking in because several counters were available. And security people were helpful to give directions. Most of the areas for food shops and stores are still not open, but once these do open, there would probably be more life (not to mention food choices) for passengers. Hehe!

There are two things that I just didn't like. First is that a scanning area has been placed right at the entrance to the departure hall. What the heck? I can imagine how busy that area will be once operations are in full swing. Hay! The other slightly annoying thing for me was the color of the counters. Sorry, I couldn't help it. It was in light lemon yellow. Again, what the heck?! The color was just really off. Hehehe!

Lastly, it was a bit saddening, or irritating, to see how some passengers don't even bother to "take care" of the new airport. I found really annoying that there were passengers who left their trash on the seats in the holding area. Mineral water bottle, soda cans on cushioned seats. Hay. If this is how things will be, one can only imagine how this airport will look like after a couple of years.

Anyway, the flight on Friday will depart from Terminal 3 too. Let's see if there'll be any difference with the international departure. Hehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment