Saturday, November 29, 2008

Ikea, Paragon, Kinokuniya and everything nice...


It was only in Wednesday that I got to hang out with Richie, Mon and Mrs. V. Our day started with a visit to Ikea in Tampines. It was my first Ikea experience and I loved it. There were so many nice things I wanted to buy - a cool bookshelf, a nice wooden table, linen with cool prints - but of course, I didn't because they weren't really on my shopping list. Plus, shipping costs weren't included in my budget.

Still I ended getting new towels, a 24-pc cutlery set, a bayong with an ultra-nice print (which I wasn't really keen on buying but ended up buying because Mon found a way to use it - the beach... haha) and some Ikea paper carrier bags. Haha! We had brunch at the Ikea cafe where the food was great and reasonably priced.

From Tampines, we took the MRT to go to Orchard Rd. Orchard is heaven for me and Mon, I should say. Haha! Richie's heaven is anywhere where there is gadgets, I think. Hehe! So far, the Chanel shop in Takashimaya is the biggest and nicest Chanel shop I've seen. The freestanding Hermes store was also wow! Paragon and Takashimaya became quick favorites because of all the pretty things. Hehe! In particular, I love Muji store in Paragon and Kinokuniya in Takashimaya.

Our motto for spending that day was "Just because..." There were so many little things that we bought. They weren't really on the needs list but we still bought them just because. Hahaha!

Also, I didn't expect the sale in SG to be super sinful. Haha! Almost all the shops were on sale, super sale with discounts as big as 70% off. It's a good thing that I prepared a budget for the trip so I didn't buy any unnecessary stuff, or did I? Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment