Monday, November 3, 2008

Why I had no weekend...


Here's the reason why I didn't have a weekend, why I wasn't able to go to Anawangin and Capones with the CS gang, and why I haven't had decent sleep for the past three days. Hehe! I say the first sentence with much love.

The Banglos Sculptors of Gen. Nakar, Quezon are having a weeklong exhibit at the Atrium activity area of SM the Block in North Edsa, and Michelle and I took care of the exhibit setup. Hehe! Hmm, since I've been organizing their exhibits for a couple of times now, does that give me the license to add "curator" to my growing list of "hyphens?" Hehehe!

The thing with mall exhibits is that you're only allowed to set up after mall hours. In this case, we were there at 10PM and left by 4AM. The reason it took that long was because we had to wait for the electricals guy to finish wiring the lights. The layout was pretty simple, but the wiring took up most of the time.

Anyway, if you haven't heard of these fantastic folks? They are fishermen/farmers turned sculptors, after just a ten-day training with renowned sculptor Rey Paz Contreras. I've been working with the guys on their exhibits for quite some time now but every time I see their pieces, I am just really left in awe. They are a proof that in each one of us is an artist.

If you find yourself in the North Edsa area, please visit the Banglos Sculptors exhibit. That will only be till Wednesday, Nov. 5. And if you've got extra moolah to burn, please support the livelihood project of the artist group by purchasing one of their fantastic pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment