Saturday, October 3, 2009

I'm still alive...

I'm still alive.

I have TONS of stuff to blog about but I haven't found the time to sit down and write 'em all.

The last few days have been really, really, REALLY toxic. For everyone, I guess. Ondoy caught everyone by surprise. By Sunday morning, I was asked to go to Marikina to cover the relief operations and disaster-response activities of employee-volunteers.

It was pretty much the same work in the following days. I only got to return to the office last Thursday, I think.

Ondoy left a major impression on everyone. That's for sure. I'll post photos soon.

And then there's Pepeng, which practically scared everyone in Manila yesterday. Most companies sent employees home by 3PM. All these messages about how strong Pepeng might be spread around. The headline of PDI didn't help either.

I was scared, but I tried to be logical about it - listening to PAGASA forecast, checking the weather update.

So while everyone headed home, Tey, me, and the three "girls" headed to MOA. Just like Glorietta, it was already a ghost town. Almost all the shops closed early. Bummer! Still we're happy because we got to go shopping. Hehe! Got some loot from TopMan, Aldo and Philosophy.

And it didn't stop there. We headed to Hooters afterwards for late dinner and drinks. Haha! Was it stupid? I dunno. My take on death is if it's your time to go, it's your time to go. Hehe!

Tomorrow, Wesley and I leave for a neighboring country and another. Both were hit by Ketsana as well. I dunno what the situation is. The news is saying the local condition's really bad, but I'm trying to remain optimistic. I did email the hotels and both gave good feedback.

I just try to put myself in the shoes of a foreigner going to the Philippines and reads that Ketsana hit the country.

"I know Ketsana hit the Philippines, but which parts? Manila? Oh, that's bad. But are there flights to Cagayan de Oro, which is where I'm really headed. There is. And did Ketsana hit CDO? No, so all should be fine."

Hahah! This is weird, because I'm the least logical person in the world. I'm all about emotion. Haha! But in this case, logical thinking has been helping. That and prayers, a lot of prayers.

If there's any real nega news in my little world, it's the fact that in a couple of weeks, I turn 30. Waaah! There's some bad news. Haha!

Just kidding, I'm really excited to turn 30. I have positive impressions about it.

Oh well, this is it for now. I might head out for work, since Pepeng was a dud. The boss of all bosses is planning to have relief ops. We're all on standby for the MVP's decision.

1 comment:

  1. glad you're okay. :D and don't worry. you don't look a day over 22.

    ReplyDelete