Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Some nice surprises - a new dining venue, a giant orange box, and PS-prints...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I've been meaning to post these last week, but work schedule was just really crazy. Haha!

Now that things are more manageable (or so I think), uhm, here are some nice surprises I found two weeks ago.

First is Romulo Cafe. College friend Gino hosted a dinner party for his big 3-0 at the newly-opened dining venue. I don't want to call it a restaurant, because I feel like it isn't. And when you do go get to visit it, you'll see that it's not. One of the newest food destinations in the Morato area, Romulo Cafe looks like an ideal venue for private dinners, intimate parties, BIO (by invitation only) events. Hehe!

The owner is the daughter of Carlos P. Romulo and what she did (or interior designer Ivy Almario) was to transform certain rooms of the house into beautiful dining rooms. There is a unifying theme in all the rooms, but each room still has its own character and decor. You can reserve the room for a fee, but it is also consummable.

Food was good, too. Filipino cuisine given its own signature twist. What I didn't like so much was the acoustics of the room. The room that Gino got was the black room (the largest I think). The interiors was superb, but the sound that came from everyone talking just kept on bouncing around the room. John said there's a remedy for that. Acoustic ceilings or something. Still, the venue is super worth a visit.

Romulo Cafe is at 32 Scout Tuason corner Dr. Lazcano Tomas Morato, Quezon City. Call them at 332-7275 to reserve.

The other nice surprise happened when I was making my way to Greenbelt from Landmark. I was on my way to get my haircut, and while crossing the Landmark footbridge, I saw the nicest giant orange "box." It really is happening. Hermes is coming to town. I love how they boarded the shop location to look like a giant Hermes gift box. I don't recall any luxe store in Manila ever doing that. Haha! I wonder whether the shop will survive here, but a friend who works for ... told me that half of the store inventory has already been reserved. Crazy, huh?! I love it. Hahaha!

The last nice surprise was finding short-sleeved shirts at Rustan's with Paul Smith-esque prints. Black Label Homme carries the shirts. A shirt costs about P1,750. I wanted to get both as a birthday present, but I dediced to be kuripot and bought something else. Hehehe! Let's just wait for the Rustan's sale.

4 comments:

  1. i think the orange hermes box is tres chic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nagulat din ako when i saw the orange box. =) i guess there's really a market. Look at IWC, patek, etc they have their own shops talaga =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. MkSurf8: heya. =) aliw, right? haha! yes, i'm sure hermes has a market.

    the question lang is can the store survive? remember, there used to be a freestanding ysl rive gauche store in gb4? now, nakiki-share na lang siya sa sergio rossi et al at the spot where prada used to be in rustan's makati.

    anyway, with hermes here, who's going to say the philippines is a poor country? hehehe!

    ReplyDelete