Monday, April 5, 2010

LX is love...




The day after Easter was more of like Christmas day for me. A really, really good Christmas day. Hehe! I felt like a little boy who held in his hands the toy he's been wanting for a long time.

Only, in this case, I'm definitely a little boy no more and the toy we're talking about is a Lumix LX3.

Around lunch time, I got a text message from colleague Rosy. It read, "Monet and Angelo. Your cameras are here!!! (smiley face)!"

Moneigh and I hurried to the 27th floor where we found the other "kids" - Rosy and Karlo - busily tinkering with their new toys. Haha!

About a month ago, our wonderful "fairy godmother" mentioned over dinner that she could probably get us the LX3 during her trip to HK. She said it is waaay cheaper. It is!!! I looked around in some stores and the selling price was between P27K and 29K. We got ours for P21K, including a filter, a case and a 4GB SD card. It's a good deal, yeah?!

The best thing about it, we could pay in installment. Haha! After doing the math, we all decided to get the camera. Woohoo! I was really, really excited over it because this is my first digicam ever. Hehe! The last camera I owned was the one with an Advantix film. And that was a million years ago.

For my trips, I borrow from friends who are kind enough to trust me with their cameras. Hehe! For the trip to Jolo, I borrowed from Edsel. For the Vietnam, SG, Cambodge, KL trips, I borrowed from Tey. For some weekend trips, I borrowed from Engel. The other times, I'm just lucky to have a card reader or a USB with me so I can save the photos. Hehe!

Now, I need not worry about what camera to bring on my next trip. And heaven knows I love to point and shoot especially during trips. (For the Cambodge trip, there were about 1,000 plus photos!!!) Hehe!

So, yeah, I'm really, really happy that I now have this new toy. Never mind if I have to deprive myself a couple of weekend gimiks. Hehehe! The new toy is really worth it. I still have to read the manual (which I don't like doing) and I have to familiarize myself with the features).

By the way, the new toy (and the newest sib of Ben and Stefan) has a name - Hanschen. Hehe!

You and I will take beautiful photos together. Wahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment