Friday, April 2, 2010

Uneventful eventful week...

I don't really know what to write about. Nothing ultra spectacular has happened since Tuesday so I'm not really sure what to put here. Haha!

But I want to post something. It helps me keep writing, and putting my thought into words is much better than doing nothing productive on this holy day. I'll just recount what has been happening from the time I fell sick last Tueday until uhm right now, which is Friday, 5:23PM.

It was a bit of a stressful week. I really can't go into details, but the weekend was filled with phone calls because my boss and I had to make something happen. Thankfully, heaven was shining on us and that thing that needed to take place did take place. At least, I'm assured that I still have a job right after this long Holy Week break. Hehe!

TUESDAY

Tueday night, I had my usual gym routine at Gold's. Since I was late for spinning, I decided to hit the treadmill and do a 5K. Having ran a couple of 10Ks now, it seemed but natural to make the 5K as the base distance for runs at the gym. Once the treadmill's digital display showed that I have hit my target, I went to the locker room to change.

Up next was dance class. I don't mind missing the spinning class, but Reagan's dance class is one class I can't miss. It always, always gives me an endorphin high. The class is tiring, very tiring. The routine for the past two weeks has been footwork intensive. I do enjoy the class, but I have to say it really drains me. Haha!

After dance, I changed again and I also got my mat for an hour of asanas. Usually, I'd still have so much energy come yoga class but last Tuesday night was different. I didn't have the strength to do some of the poses. I was feeling weak. When the teacher finally bid us "Namaste," I hung around to recover.

And when I finally decided to get up and hit the shower, I felt the sudden change in body temperature. I had chills and in the shower, I was freezing. Something was wrong, that's for sure.

WEDNESDAY

Come Wednesday, I was feeling feverish. I brought my gym clothes just in case there was no gimik with the office gang or non-work friends. Well, guess what, I had an eventful Wednesday night. I texted JB to ask whether the get-together would push through. He said yes. By 8PM, I was standing along Ayala Ave. waiting for a cab to take me to BHS. There was no traffic, but there were no cabs either. I dunno. Maybe everyone really decided to head out of the city for the break.

Anyway, I finally got a cab and made my way to BHS. After thanking the cab driver and giving an insane tip, I walked to Chelsea where I found the boys halfway through their dinner. The rest of the gang showed up later that night.

From Chelsea, we took a walk down BHS. There's an ongoing exhibit/art installation in BHS. The subject? Stations of the Cross. It was presented very differently though. Quite interactive, I have to say. No, don't worry. You didn't have to get nailed to a cross. But the entire setup was definitely a crowd drawer. I dunno until when the installations would be there, but do head to BHS asap to check it out.

Our last stop for the night was a yogurt shop at Piazza in McKinley HIll. I'm really liking that place. If it weren't unfriendly to commuters, it would be a nice community to live in. Hehe! Anyway, we spent a good couple of hours just chatting about all sorts of things.

It was definitely a fantab time. Good food, good company, good time. There was nothing more I could ask for at that moment. (Well, fine. It would be nice if there were an SO making sure I wouldn't faint because of the fever that got worse by the minute. Hehe! Sorry, OA.) But with or without SO, I definitely enjoyed the company of the guys. Not even the f-ing fever was enough to keep me down. I may have looked like a walking ball of plague that night, but inside I was really a ball of sunshine just happy to be around my people. Hehehe! You know what I mean.

THURSDAY AND TODAY

Thursday and today were spent at home. Thanks to the fever, there wasn't really much I could do yesterday. The most that I got accomplished was bring some sense of order to a storage/warehouse which is otherwise known as my room. Hehe! Pahinungod friends invited me for a day trip to a resort north of Manila, but I had to say no because of the fever. Sacristan friends invited me to our traditional Visita Iglesia, but I had to say no because of the fever. Ugh!

It was only today that I got much better. Temperature's back to normal. I've finally started to sweat again. And I'm already able to move around comfortably. I did get to do a lot of things today. One of this is cataloguing my book collection. The books I have are all in plastic crates. I placed the books there because they will keep on gathering dust if I just leave them outside.

I was surprised to find out that I've got close to a little over 100 books in my collection. More than half are queer-themed. I got to say that I'm really happy to have a good collection of queer fic and nonfic. I think I'll also catalogue the DVDs I've bought through the years. My problem, sometimes, when I go to a video store is now know whether I have a particular title already. So, yeah. I think a DVD catalogue would also be helpful. I'll probably do that tomorrow.

Wow, it has been a busy week, huh?! Even with the vacation, the time away from work, there were still so much that was done. I like it. And there is much more to be done. Hehe! Aside from cataloguing the DVDs, I've got to buy extra plastic crates, I need to have the Geraldine Javier collages fixed, I must bring the James Jean signed print to Gallery Frames, I have to get rid of some clothes and bags, I need to take my barong Tagalog to the drycleaners for Joanne's wedding, I have to find time to visit an aunt who's in the hospital for several days now, and so on. Toxic, I know. But I like it. It's much better than being idle. Haha!

What I like more though is that I might have a new toy this Tuesday. I don't want to spill the details yet because I'm afraid it might get jinxed. I'm relying on a friend/colleague to deliver the new toy and I won't find out until Tuesday if it's a success. Haha! Let's just say that Ben and Stefan might have a new brother soon. Woohooo!

Anyway, enough about me. How have you been?

No comments:

Post a Comment