Friday, April 23, 2010

The HM is just 5K away...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I’m one kilometer closer to doing a 21K!!! Woohoo!

Last Sunday, I ran 16K at the Earth Run. This was just a week after I did the 15K at the Mizuno Infinity Run.

Never mind if I felt like my legs were still wobbly (or it’s probably just in my head). Never mind that my only practice for that run was one 10K run during the week. Never mind that I only had five hours of sleep the night before the run.

I just had to do it. (On a side note, may sense naman pala talaga ang Nike tagline na “Just do it.” I used to think na wala lang. They just wanted a tagline. Kidding. Haha!)

A little before 5AM, I met up with I-vanchy at our usual parking lot. After prepping ourselves for the run, we decided to head to the starting line to do some stretching and to do some eyecandy spotting. Hehehe! I shouldn’t have written that. But since I already did, I have to say I’m kinda bummed out that I didn’t see Boy Braso. Neither did I see him at the Mizuno Run. Boo!

Boy Braso is this non-work colleague, who I only see at the canteen during afternoon merienda and sometimes at noontime when I step out of the office with Tey and Engel for some sun. Hehehe!

Anyway, even with no Boy Braso in sight, I was still game for the run. I have to say I was quite excited because the race route included the Heritage Park/Mckinley Hill area. I’ve only ran in that area once, so I was looking forward to reaching that area.

We started the run at 5:30AM. I was really happy to notice that I seem to have been building my endurance. I was already at the Kalayaan flyover when I decided that I needed to slow down, get hydrated, before hitting the road again. Yey!

The run was nice. The weather that morning was much, much better during the Mizuno Run. It wasn’t too sunny, and there were certain parts of the run when a cool breeze blew into my face. I also enjoyed the route, even if the Heritage Park/Mckinley Hill area was a killer for the knees. Wahaha!

The best thing about the run was I did good with my time. The Green Miles Run | 15K | 1:52. Mizuno Run | 15K | 1:49. Earth Run | 16K | 1:52. Not bad, huh?!

The other really good thing about the run was the post-run photo op. Wahaha! It has already become a tradition for me an running buddy I-vanchy to head back to the race venue after we freshen up a bit to take some photos. Of us, of the gimmicks, of the eyecandy. Wahaha!

This has to be one of my fave photo op sessions. I liked the photos, particularly the one where we sat on the road with the arrow sign. But really? Would you expect anything less from an ad agency guy and a PR/CorpComm guy?! Hehehe! Ooops, just kidding, just kidding. Baka mabugbog ako. Nagbibiro lang po. Hehehe!

The definitely not good thing about the run was seeing all the plastic drinking cups from the race littering the stretch of the Kalayaan flyover. Ugh! Whattashet! I thought this run was for the environment. That’s exactly the foremost reason why I signed up for it. And then I see all these plastic drinking cups on the street?! Jeez! What’s up with that?

Moving on, if my running schedule will continue to be like this, I’m scared that I might be prepared for a half-marathon (Wow! Half-marathon! It feels so good to write that!) sooner than I might have expected. I’ve been planning to do my first HM at the Singapore Run this December. Hmm, I’m wondering now if I should go do my first HM here so that come December, I would (hopefully) do much better with my time.

Let’s see. Let’s see.

No comments:

Post a Comment