Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Morning traffic report = acronyms galore...

Every morning, I listen to a local radio station Class 95FM for news and music. It's the Morning Express with DJs Glenn Ong, Flying Dutchman, Vernetta Lopez every day from 6AM to 10AM.

Anyway, I am always amused whenever I hear the traffic news because it's peppered with too many acronyms I don't understand - BKE, PIE, AYE, ECP, SLE, CTE, TPE. Hehe! I think these are acronyms for highways.

Here's a sample of what the traffic news every morning is.

"Accident on BKE towards PIE before Chantek Flyover. Heavy Traffic on PIE towards Jurong between Adam Rd and BKE. Heavy Traffic on PIE towards Changi Airport between Chantek Flyover and Eng Neo Ave.Vehicle breakdown on AYE towards ECP after CTE Exit. Heavy Traffic on SLE towards BKE at BKE(PIE) Exit. Heavy Traffic on KPE towards ECP at Nicoll Highway Exit. Heavy Traffic on TPE towards SLE between Jln Kayu Flyover and CTE Exit."

I am only familiar with one acronym - AYE. And that's because it's the fastest route to get to my place after a nightout in Tanjong Pagar. Hehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment