Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Staying away from that FB section...

The most embarrassing thing happened to me last night.

Ugh!

I was being playful and reckless with Facebook.

The one section I haven't really touched for years is the Relationship status. It has always and continue to be "Single."

For some stupid reason, I thought I'd play with it. Surely, it would do no harm because FB has to confirm whatever change I do, right? That's what I thought.

Initially, I thought I'd make my relationship status "In a Relationship." But thinking that no change would happen, I decided to take it further and make it "Married."

Still thinking that FB would have to confirm with me whatever change I made, I typed in this person's name in the box.

As soon as I finished typing the last letter of the person's name, I saw the message that the person has been notified to confirm that we are indeed married.

I suddenly felt cold, and I wanted to bang my head against the wall for being stupid.

Immediately, I changed the status again to "Single," deleted the notice on my wall that I am "Married," and apologized endlessly to the person.

Shoot! Shoot! Shoot!

Thank god no harm done. :) The person said I shouldn't stress over it. I dunno if it's because he doesn't really care or maybe, just maybe, the optimistic person in me is hoping that he probably has some feelings even in the smallest amount.

Oh well, lesson learned. Never touch that section of FB again, unless there's really a real change in status. Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment