Sunday, September 25, 2011



While waiting for a friend to finish his workout yesterday, I decided I'd go to Kinokuniya at Takashimaya to check out if there are any interesting titles.

I haven't read any new books for awhile now, and I think it's time to get back to reading.

Well, guess what? I stumbled upon a number of titles from a certain genre I did not really expect to see on shelves of a local bookstores.

LGBT fiction. In Singapore. By local authors. Woohooo! :)

I was lazily going through the rows and rows of books, when I saw the shelf labeled Local Literature (or something like that).

I gravitated towards it, and the next thing I know I was hanging in that area for more than 30 minutes already.

The first book that caught my eye was entitled To Know Where I'm Coming From by Johann Lee. The cover image was a portrait of a handsome local (I think) who looked like he was contemplating something.

I picked up the book and got excited when I saw that it was indeed LGBT fiction. That's the only time I started to notice that there were several other titles that are from the same genre.

Uhm, so I ended up buying a number of titles even though it is not included in my budget for the month. I just rationalized the purchase by thinking the new titles would be great additions to my growing collection of LGBT fiction.

I started this morning with Peculiar Chris also by Johann Lee. The first few pages have got me interested, and it looks like I will finish it faster than I think.

Wooohoo!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment