Saturday, September 8, 2012

Day trip to JB... again...




It was a rather eventful uneventful day.

Today was the schedule of the first of two visits to my dentist in JB for the crowning procedure.

Because of the massive jam at the Causeway the last time, I missed my appointment and had to resched it to today.

The big surprise was that dental clinics seem to be doing well in JB. I dunno if it's because Malaysian do really take care and spend for their dental and oral health or if it's because there are Singaporeans, or foreign workers like me, who choose to make the trip to JB for more affordable dental care.

Seriously, crossing the bridge from Singapore to Malaysia slashes my expenses for dental care by half.

Anyway, my appointment today was at 12 noon. I planned to leave hours as early as possible.

Before heading to JB, I passed by the St. Anthony of Padua church in Marsiling to attend Mass for the nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

Initially, I was thinking of catching the Mass at St. Mary of the Angels in Bukit Batok but it was too early. 6:55AM lah!

I was really grateful to find out that St. Anthony had an 8AM Mass. It was perfect for my sched.

Thanks to gothere.sg, I found my way to St. Anthony quite easily. It was my first time to go to this church and it is actually closer to my place and more accessible compared to St. Mary. However, I love the latter because there's one priest - Fr. Derrick - who always gives a good homily. (Of course, the aesthetics and the fact that this church has AC are also plus points. Hehe!)

Following Mass, I took the bus to Woodlands MRT to meet up with Pg Boy. He could've slept over at my place. But since his flight last night arrived quite late, he just stayed at his side of the island.

I am literally in a long distance relationship. Haha!

After finishing breakkie at Toastbox, we were set to go. When I asked Pg Boy if he had his passport, a shocked look registered on his face. I thought he was just teasing, but then it turns out he really forgot his passport. "It's okay. Never mind lah," I just told him.

He was really bummed out that he forgot his passport. It was quite early so we just agreed that he can just go back to get his passport, and then meet me at the clinic in JB.

Yes, yes. It's me already! Hehe! Minsan lang naman. :-P

Pg Boy took the train back to the East. I headed to the bus interchange and prayed that everything would go well.

Thankfully, it did. The bus arrived early. There was no jam at the Causeway.

Oh, the only delay was the immigration clearance. Previously, I could go for the automated immigration clearance queues for citizens, PRs and foreign workers. You can just scan your passport and your fingerprint and that's it.

Now that I have a new passport, I have to queue for the one with the immigration officer along with all the other people exiting Singapore. Ugh! Took so much time. Haha! I'm already starting to be spoiled. Sheeesh! Haha!

Anyway, I still arrived at JB very early for my appointment. With almost two hours to kill, I stayed at Starbucks at JB Sentral accompanied by the US Vogue September issue and black coffee.

By 11:20, I left for the clinic.

I'll write about my dentists and the dental clinics separately. They deserve a post of their own. Dr. Steven Phun of Advanced Dental Surgery is my dentist for the crowning. Dr. Wong from Wong Endodontics was the one who did my root canal. Both are very good!

As expected, the treatment was done by a little over 1. When I stepped out of the room, Pg Boy was already there at the waiting area reading his book. Really glad to see him there.

From the clinic, we walked over to Taman Sri Tebrau for our usual massage and lunch combo. Lunch was at Lucky Seafood Restaurant. Massage was at Fizzio Massage.

Afterwards, it was back to the Little Red Dot.

Surprising how the entire day was gone with just a few activities. Hehe!


St. Anthony of Padua
25 Woodlands Avenue 1  Singapore 739064

6368 3804

No comments:

Post a Comment