Sunday, September 30, 2012

That one line...





I've said it before - one of my personal gauges on how good a movie is is if there are any lines that are worth remembering.

If I have no takeaway from the movie, then it's just a so so movie for me. (Unless it's an ultra-cheesy drama/romcom, I'm okay with it - memorable lines or no memorable lines. Hehe!)

My friend Noreen who writes for one of the biggest TV networks back in Manila wrote that one of her dreams is to be able to write a (film?) script which has that one line - that one line which hundred, thousands of people who watched the film will remember.

Secretly (or not so secretly now), I have the same wanting. Hehe!

I am seriously amazed and impressed by people who have a gift with words. That's why when I really like a certain film, I dun quickly get up and leave after the film ends. I would wait for the name of the writer to appear as the end credits begin to appear. I guess that's my way of telling the writer "You did a great job."

Recently, I stumbled upon the trailer of The Perks of Being A Wallflower - a film based on a novel with the same title that will soon hit the cinemas in Singapore.

After watching the trailer, I already knew that I would have to see the film and get the book. I'm not sure when the movie will be showing, but I did get the book today at Kino.

I would have the time for it this Wednesday since I have a few hours to kill at the Kuala Lumpur airport, while waiting for flight to Yangon.

Above is one of the memorable lines from the film/novel.

Can't wait to start the pages.

1 comment:

  1. friend. i deliberately skipped reading this entry because i thought it was a movie review. i didn't want any spoiler.

    i saw this last friday. you will love this movie, friend. im sure...

    i havent read the book so i had no idea what this was all about... i just watched it because everyone (from tweets to fb posts) are raving about it...

    watch it! :-)

    ReplyDelete