Monday, December 31, 2012

Faves of 2012....



At the end of almost every fashion show, all the models would come out to give the crowd a one last look on the collection. The designer would then be the last one to come out to take his or her bow.

I guess the closing of another year is also like that. (O ha! Na-relate talaga sa fashion show ang buhay? Can it get any beki-er? Haha!) For some people, taking one final look at the year that passed by is something that needs to be done before we bid the year adieu and move on to the next season... errr. year.

While writing this post, I looked at my December 2011 and December 2010 archives and saw that I didn't write a yearend post for those two years. The last time I wrote a year in review kind of post was in 2009.

This year, I decided to do a highlights of 2012 sort of post since I pretty much have some time to sit down and write. Hehe!

In no particular order, here are the most memorable things about 2012.

1. Yogyakarta. I've been dreaming of visiting Borobudur and Prambanan for the longest time. After being wowed by the Angkor temples, Borobudur was definitely on my list. I was really glad that it finally happened this 2012. It's even more memorable because the trip was with PG Boy and it was our first trip together overseas. The best parts - the sunrise tour at Borobudur and the dinners at awesome Yogya food places.

2. Myanmar. I wasn't planning on making a trip to Myanmar. I'm trying to save for a trip next year so I wasn't really keen on doing a lot of travel this 2012. However, looking back now I am very happy that I did the trip. It turned out to be a very amazing travel experience. The fact that it was with MkSurf8, RKGreg and Chris made it even more awesome. The most memorable part of the trip for me was catching the sunrise at Shwesandaw Paya. I did love the experience in Borobudur, but the sunrise at Shwesandaw is enough to move one to tears. Okay, I didn't cry but being there and watching that sunrise was enough to take one's breath away.

3. Bintan. Some time in July, MkSurf8 invited to go to Bintan. This was a first trip to Bintan and I definitely want to go back. I was glad to have been able to go because if there's one thing I really miss about the Philippines, it is the beach. Thank you, MkSurf8, for having me and PG Boy!

4. Concerts and plays. It has also been a good year for shows and concerts. While I may have missed Guetta and  have yet to experience ZoukOut... I feel lucky that I was able to catch the concerts of Lady Gaga, JLo and the Philippine Madrigal Subgers. I also enjoyed watching Spring Awakening, Company and, of course… God of Carnage. That night at God of Carnage was a major fan boy moment. Good definitely come to those who wait. I was able to take my photo with the cast, which included Lea Salonga and Adrian Pang!

5. Nature walks. I've said a million times. I will say it again. As much as I love the city, I crave for the countryside. I'm a city boy with a heart for the countryside. Haha! Thanks to my Singaporean friend Melvin, I was able to see the green side of Singapore. From Bukit Timah to Punggol, I had a great time going on all of the nature walks/hikes even if it required waking up at 6AM on a weekend. My fave trip for this year probably was the one at Pulau Ubin with Melvin and his friends David and Patrick. For a souvenir, I have a scar on my elbow. Haha!

6. One year plus in Wiley. If it weren't for Wiley, if it weren't for the referral of Chris, I wouldn't be where I am now. (Well, I probably would still be in Singapore but it will be much more difficult.) I am just really so grateful to be part of this company. I have a great team lead and very supportive team mates. There is not a day that goes by that I am not thankful for the job that I have.

7. One year. Just like what PG Boy said, "There has been ups and down. But here we are." I came to Singapore in search of a job and to start planning for the future. I got so much more. I got you. Thank you. :)

8. 33rd Birthday.  Another year. Thank you, Lordy. For the second year in a row, it was a great birthday celebration despite being away from home. I was able to have a birthday lunch with good friends. On the day of my birthday itself, I was able to do things that I wanted. And then of course, there was the birthday celeb with the kids of Yong-En Care Centre. It's a simple of way of thanking Lordy for the blessings and for giving back to the country that has adopted me for the past (almost) two years.


And before even the year ends, 2013 is already starting to look very good. January is a trip to Bali. In February, I'm going to Nepal for work.

These are just a few of the things I can think of right now that made my 2012 an awesome one. Iam certain that there are many other things that happened but the ones above are those that stand out. Haha! This is also not to say that there weren't any difficulties throughout the year. There were. Really, there were. However, I would rather focus on the good and just learn from the not so good. Hehe!

The only thing stressing me so much lately is the work pass renewal, which will happen in either Jan or Feb. I am praying for a few more years in Singapore. I still can't go back to Phils. My life here is just starting. So I'm really, really praying for the approval of my work pass renewal.

How was your 2012???

P.S. I checked my January 2012 posts and I did write a review of 2011. Haha!

2 comments: