Thursday, December 6, 2012

Queensies at Quincy (Hehe!)...



As I've said in my previous blog post, PG Boy surprised me with a staycation at Quincy.

I've read about Quincy ages ago through the blog of Chuvaness. If the hotel got good reviews from Chuvaness, then I'm sure it was definitely a good hotel. I dunno if a lot of people know about Quincy. However, it must be popular to a certain population because it bagged the Trendiest Hotel in Asia award in TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice® Awards for 2011 and 2012 and the best luxury boutique hotel in the World Luxury Hotel Awards 2012.

You go to TripAdvisor and you'd see a lot of good reviews from guests who previously stayed at Quincy.

I now know why.

Location:
Quincy is tucked in a quiet neighborhood just behind Orchard. It's a very short ten-minute walk (or less) to Paragon, Mandarin Gallery, Takashimaya, and so on. What is awesome about the location is that after you go shopping (or walking) the entire day at Orchard Road, you can quickly escape the maddening crowd and head back to the peaceful comfort of your hotel room. The fact that you dun have to take the train or the bus to get back to your cozy room is one more reason why the location of Quincy is just perfect.

The Lobby, The Restau/Café:
Quincy has a small lobby that is directly connected to the hotel restaurant/cafe. What I love about the lobby is that never did it become very crowded. Because the hotel only has a certain number of rooms, both the check-in and checkout were a breeze. It's definitely soooo much better than the check-in at other hotels. I remember the check-in experience of a friend at this one giant luxury hotel where he had to queue (!!!) for almost thirty minutes (!!!) . Seriously, if you're paying a few hundred dollars for a hotel stay, do you really want to go through a loooong queue just to check in?!?!  

The restau had limited seats. When PG Boy and I had our dinner, we were both wondering whether the restau would be able to seat all the guests if everyone arrived for the meals at the same time. We were lucky to quickly get a table because we arrived early. During breakfast, we had to wait a few minutes before we got a table. It was not a problem though because the waiting time was very short. We actually did not see any of the guests complaining. Here's the reason how I think the whole thing works. Since the restau is small, although nicely done, you wouldn't really want to stay and hang out at the area. You would just enjoy your meal and afterwards, either go back to your wonderful room or head out of the hotel to do whatever it is you have planned for the day or the evening.

The food, I must say, is also good and enjoyable. I liked every meal that I had. In addition to your mains, you can help yourself to a soup or salad, desserts, and free flowing drinks. The breakfast was buffet. Though there’s a limited choice, I must say that there is still something for everyone. I must also mention that they serve Dean & Deluca bread, jam and fruit preserves. Nice,ey?!

The Room:
I'm not sure what type of room PG Boy got for us, but I have no complaints about it. The bed and pillows were very comfy. I say that because it was one of the very rare occasions that I just want to stay in bed under the sheets and with the fluffy pillows for hours and hours. Haha! I also love that everything in the mini-bar is free. You'll find bottled water, soda and iced tea, chips. I love that there is an iron in the room. For someone who cannot leave the house without pressing his clothes, an iron in the hotel room is a big thing. I love the bath products - Molton Brown. PG Boy said it’s actually an expensive brand.

Other amenities/services:
The hotel has a small gym with the basic machines and a few treadmills. There is also a swimming pool, in case you want to take a dip. There are informal baking classes and movie night every Saturday. You'd have to register for the baking class. It was very easy and quite fun. There are two Mac units with good Internet connection at the lobby, which guests can use.

Most of all, the hotel staff are all very pleasant. From the concierge to the restau wait staff, they always had a smile on their faces and they were quite attentive to the needs of the guests.

So those are my thoughts basically. Bottomline. If you’re planning to go on a staycation, Quincy is definitely a good choice for a hotel.

I know I would definitely want to go back for more staycations.


No comments:

Post a Comment