Friday, October 10, 2014

Birthday month 30-day writing challenge: Day 10...

If you could only live off of one food and one beverage for the rest of your days, what would they be?

Above is the question for today’s writing challenge.

It may appear to be a difficult question to answer. One, I love to eat. That explains the reason why I weighed almost 200 lbs and had to wear size 38” pants at one point in my life. Two, my Mom’s side hails from Pampanga, a province known for sinfully delicious dishes. Haha! Growing up, I’ve always enjoyed family gatherings with relatives from my Mom’s side because it is always guaranteed to be a feast!

Going back to the question, I think the one food I can live off of is my Mom’s chicken and pork adobo. I am not sure how she does it but her adobo really is my fave. When she visited Singapore last year, I asked her to prep adobo which I brought with me to the office and shared with two Singaporean colleagues. They both loved it! (Either that or they were being polite! Haha!) In any case, I’ve tried to copy her adobo but sadly, I am a failure. Haha!

As for a drink, that’s also easy. Coke Zero. Bad for the health, I know. But if I were to die tomorrow and I had one last drink, it would be Coke Zero. Hehe!

2 comments:

  1. Something about our mother's cooking that really makes it more delicious

    ReplyDelete